Root Canal Treatment
To preserve precious teeth
At the Gallery Dental and Implant Centre we always strive to save an infected tooth and this is where root canal treatment can remove infected pulp from inside the tooth to prevent the infection from spreading and possibly leading to tooth loss. We use the latest technology and have a microscope in-house.
Once we have removed the affected pulp with tiny instruments, we seal the tooth so its function is restored and it is protected from further problems.
- Can help save a tooth
- Prevents the infection affecting other areas
- Can relieve pain
- Less expensive than having a replacement tooth
Dr Balaji offers a full range of surgical procedures. This allows us to treat you in familiar surroundings with the latest technology, without the inconvenience of a hospital visit
We can help with the following:
- Extractions for painful teeth, including wisdom teeth
- Dental implant, bone and sinus grafts
If you feel nervous about having dental treatment we can offer sedation to help make your experience much more relaxing.
For a whole new look
Take your pick from the following smile-enhancing treatments:
- Crowns – mask unappealing teeth
- White fillings – replace unattractive metal ones
- Veneers – disguise smile spoiling flaws
- Invisalign – straighten teeth imperceptibly
- Whitening – freshen up your teeth
- Dental implants – fill in any glaring gaps
Fancy looking 10 years younger?
We offer a FREE consultation for whitening, teeth straightening and facial rejuvenation– a combination of treatments designed to create a more youthful you!
Facial rejuvenation – a combination of treatments designed to create a more youthful you!
A clearer route to a straighter smile
If you are unsure about wearing fixed metal braces but yearn for straighter teeth, we can use a series of clear, custom-made aligners to move crooked teeth to an improved position.
Designed using 3D technology, each aligner is just a little different and worn for around two weeks at a time. This exerts gentle forces which gradually realign your teeth.
Invisalign is a much less noticeable way to achieve a more attractive smile and as the aligners can be taken out for short periods, they will fit in nicely with your life too.
- Virtually invisible
- Snugly fitting and unobtrusive
- If you are a suitable candidate for this adult-friendly treatment, we take impressions and photos, and collect other information about your teeth. We then use special 3D technology to create a personalised plan, which shows how your teeth will move and also how they will look after treatment.
- When the aligners are ready, you will wear a different one every two weeks until the carefully controlled force shifts your teeth to a better position. You may feel minor discomfort when a new aligner is fitted but this is usually just a feeling of pressure and a good indicator that the treatment is working.
- Treatment times will vary depending on your individual issue, but most cases are completed in 6-12 months. As the aligners only work while you are actually wearing them, we recommend they are kept in place for 20-22 hours per day.
For some people, bone loss after the removal or loss of teeth leaves them with inadequate bone to allow an implant to be placed conventionally. For these individuals, it may be necessary to increase the bone height and volume, which would involve an additional procedure.
There are different types of bone grafting. We offer different choices as what you can have depends on your personal circumstance.
In the upper jaw above the back teeth, it is possible to increase the height of the bone available by creating new bone in the sinus. This procedure is called ‘sinus augmentation’.
It is a very predictable method by which new bone can be formed and allow implants to be placed. Without the general success of this technique, many patients would be unable to have implants in a part of the mouth where teeth are so commonly missing.
There are many ways in which bone can be added to, however one simple concept is to take a piece of bone from somewhere else and secure it as an ‘onlay’ graft to a deficient area. It then heals in a similar way to how a fracture would heal. The new piece of bone will slowly join to the underlying region and mature. The implants can then be placed in the ideal position to allow for a better aesthetic outcome.
Bone can be harvested from a number of sources such as the hip, chin and posterior regions of the lower jaw. New bone can take anything from 3 to 12 months before it is ready to receive dental implants. If you need a large volume of bone it will take longer to mature than a smaller amount.
For those who would prefer an easier, but slightly slower solution, there are other sources of bone-like materials available.
Guided Tissue Regeneration
Digital Dentistry and CT Scanning
Digital Dentistry (intraoral scanning) and CT Scanners are the way forward …
and you can be assured that this latest cutting-edge technology is all in-house at The Gallery Dental and Implant Centre.
There is no longer a need to take messy impressions when having crowns, implants and cosmetic treatments, which many of us struggle with due to the gag reflux.
The in-house CT Scanner is convenient and saves you time as we no longer have to refer you to other specialist centres which are based in London, Oxford and Birmingham. The scan is often required as preparation for dental implants and some other procedures.
We are proud to be able to offer these benefits at The Gallery Dental and Implant Centre in Buckingham.